Who doesn’t love Plantain?
We at the Chop4Naija Kitchen are especially in love with Dodo (Fried Ripe Plantains).
The internet has been buzzing about Tostones (Latin American delicacy: twice fried unripe plantains) so we made our own version the Dodo way (ripe plantains).
It is super easy to make and adds some crunch to the regular dodo, imagine a juicer form of plantain chips. Yummy with eggs….yummier with jollof rice….yummiest on it’s own as a snack…..
Yield: Serves 2
- 2 Ripe Plantain
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Saucer or small round plate
- Frying pan
- Peel the plantain and cut it into thick chunks (About 1 inch thick)
- Pre-heat oil in frying pan
- Place the plantains in the oil and fry on both sides (About 3mins on each side)
- Flatten fried plantains by placing a saucer over each one and pressing down
- Return flattened plantains to hot oil and fry (About 1min on each side)
- Salt to taste and serve (We went with pepper sauce today)
Is anyone trying this yet?
Please share your pictures and experiences with us on the comment section or on Instagram @chop4naija