How To Extract Milk From Tiger Nuts.
Have you ever drank tiger nuts milk ? Do you know that you can get natural milk from tiger nuts? In fact the milk obtained from tiger nuts is highly nutritious. Tiger nut which is known as ofio in yoruba language and aya in Hausa language is a highly nutritious plant food with a high energy content. Tiger nut also has a high fiber content which helps the body to control body weight and prevents constipation. Tiger nuts supplies the body with enough quantity of Vitamin E which is very essential for fertility in both men and women.So how do you extract milk from tiger nuts? I will implore you to follow this tutorial and comprehend every steps.
Ingredients needed for tiger nuts milk.
- 400g dry tiger nuts
- 1.5 litres cold water
- Kitchen Blender
- Chiffon Cloth
- Soak the dry nuts in a cold water for 36-48 hours and keep inside fridge to prevent fermentation.
- Wash the nuts after soaking and filter out the bad nuts.
- After washing and filtering, put the nuts in the kitchen blender and pour little water to aid the blades movement. Add other ingredients: coconut, ginger and sugar and blend them together.
- After the blending, bring out the chiffon cloth to separate the chaff from the drink.
- Once the milk is extracted, pour the extracted milk into bottles and keep it inside fridge for some hours.
You have successfully made tiger nuts milk….