How to make baked coconut shrimp
Chop4naija will like to show you how it feels to consume a baked coconut shrimp, quite different from the fried coconut shrimp that you are used to. Nigerians loves the taste of sweet delicacy and that’s why chop4naija will be dishing out different recipes on this platform.
Today we will be looking at how to make baked coconut shrimp. Lets start by listing out the ingredients needed for baked coconut shrimp.
1. 1.5 pound large of De-veined and peeled shrimp.
2. 1 teaspoon of salt
3. 1/3 cup of cornstarch
4. 2 cups of flaked sweetened coconut
5. 3 white eggs beaten to the point of foamy.
6. 3/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1. The oven should be preheated to 400 degrees F.
2. Spray the baking sheet with olive oil.
2. Dry the shrimp and rinse it with a clean paper towel.
3. The cornstarch , salt and cayenne pepper should be mixed in a bowl, and the flaked sweetened coconut be poured in a separate shallow bowl.
4. Dredge each shrimp in the cornstarch mixture
5. Dip the dredged shrimp in the white eggs .
6 Roll each shrimp in the coconut shallow bowl and placed it on the prepared baking sheet, repeat step 4, 5 ,6 for the remaining shrimp.
7. Baked each shrimp until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is not longer transparent and the coconut is brown on the outside.
8. Enjoy your baked coconut shrimp and don’t forget to flip the shrimp halfway through when baking.
Use the comment box below to tell us your experience after trying it out.