How To Prepare Greek Chickpea Salad Recipe
15 oz chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives
2 small English cucumbers, sliced
1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled (I added a chopped jalapeno today for a little kick – totally optional!)
2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, OR apple cider vinegar for the extra health benefits
1 Tbsp raw honey
2 small garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp dried oregano
freshly ground sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place all chopped salad ingredients nicely into a large bowl.
2. In a small glass bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
3. Add dressing to the salad bowl and toss gently to combine.
4. This salad is great for meal prep as it stores perfectly in fridge for up to 3 days.
5. Make sure you only mix it with the dressing right before serving if using for future meals.
Thank you so much for following our blog series, we hope you enjoyed every bit of it and we can not wait to do more of this! Please share your thoughts on the comment section or on our social media pages @chop4Naija