Snails in White Wine Infused Nigerian Pepper Soup
Not every time traditional recipes, sometimes experimental recipes at the Chop4Naija kitchen turn out amazing and we make it our duty to share with you!
Yield: Serves 1
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 tablespoons of Nigerian pepper soup spice mix
- 3 pieces of snail
- Bouillon cube (Maggi), to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of ground crayfish
- 1 Sprig of Rosemary
- 2 Slices of baguette bread
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon pressed garlic
- 1 teaspoon rosemary leaves
- Cook snails with water, Nigerian pepper soup spice, bouillon cubes, black pepper and salt for about 10mins.
- Add white wine, crayfish and rosemary sprig (liquid tends to reduce so baste to keep snails moist).
- Cook till sauce reduces by half..
- Spread mixture of pressed garlic and butter on baguette slices.
- Top with rosemary leaves and toast in oven for about 3mins.
- Serve soup with bread and enjoy.