Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts (Ofio)
1. It contains high level of fiber
Tiger nuts provide fiber needed to keep our digestive system up and running. It is a very rich source of dietary fiber. This is because about 30% of tiger nuts are made of fiber than most vegetables and fruits.
2. They help to control blood pressure
Controlling blood pressure is another wonderful advantage of tiger nuts because they are high in amino acids. This natural nut contains an amino acid called arginine, which has been proven to be beneficial to help people suffering from high blood pressure.
3. A natural source of magnesium
Tiger nuts give The body magnesium to keep the immune system functioning properly and maintain blood levels. Tiger nuts is a natural source of magnesium, which when eating or drank will help the muscle, immune system and nerve function of the body function properly.
4. A healthy source of protein
Tiger nuts are in fact one the best, non-meat, sources of protein you can find anywhere.
5. They help regulate blood sugar levels
For those suffering from high sugar blood levels, insoluble fiber is what you would need and it is found wholly in tiger nut.
6. They contain calcium.
Tiger nuts contain plenty of calcium which is a healthy alternative to cow milk.
7. Tiger nuts are a healthy source of Vitamin E
Vitamin E is a good antioxidant vitamin which helps to protect the body against the damage caused by free radicals inside the body.
8. Tiger nuts contain healthy fats
Another health benefits of eating tiger nuts is that they contain healthy fats & oils.
9. They help fight against prostate cancer in men. Recent studies conducted by medical experts have found out that tiger nuts are essential to help fight against prostate cancer in men.
10. Tiger nuts helps fight against malnutrition
It has been proven that you can use tiger nut drink as an alternative to food which of course is one of its many nutritional health benefits since they are less expensive and more nutritious than some other.