How To Prepare Tilapia Soup
So while trying to figure out what to eat last night, i remembered that it’s been a while i tasted fish soup, all have been consuming in the recent weeks was meat soup. So i entered the kitchen to make myself a nice and delicious Tilapia Soup, the rest is history. Below are the procedures i took when making this fascinating soup. Lets start by listing the ingredients required to make our tilapia soup.
5 medium size fresh tilapia fish
A medium onion
2 large red bell peppers
4 habanero peppers
Salt and 2 Maggi cubes.
1. Remove dirts from the fish and ensure it’s clean. Sprinkle salt over fish and set the fish aside for like 30 minutes
2. Blend the habanero peppers, tomatoes, onion, ginger with just a cup of water and set aside.
3. Put oil in the pot and heat till smoking hot.Add the blended mix in step 2 above (carefully). Cook for like 40 minutes and ensure you add little amount of water to reduce the thickness of the soup.
4. After 20 minutes of cooking, add the maggi cubes and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Add the tilapia fish and cook for another 15 minutes, taste for salt to know if the salt added is adequate.
Your tilapia soup should be ready for consumption. This soup can be served with any solid food such as Eba, fufu, Pounded Yam, Semo e.t.c